During Tour of Norway, we need the help from 2,000 volunteers, for both small and large tasks.
Tour of Norway is done for the love of the sport. Volunteer work is crucial to successfully carry out the event. During Tour of Norway, we need the help from around 2,000 volunteers, for both small and large tasks.
We are looking for people who want to help us make Tour of Norway a fantastic celebration of cycling. Whether you've been part of the team previously, have experience from other similar events or are completely new to the whole thing, we'd love to hear from you.
There are several great reasons to volunteer for Tour of Norway. These include:
- You'll be creating a wonderful bike event
- You get to network and meet many talented people.
- You get to meet some of the world's biggest cycling stars, up close.
- You get a certificate of your participation
Tasks that we need help with include:
- Driving - transporting race judges, guests, press, etc. Everyone who wants to volunteer for these roles must have a driver's license class B.
- Security Coordinator - assist the duty officer in the logistics around the race marshals so that the track is safe for the public, road users and all those taking part in Tour des Fjords.
- Track work - preparation of the track to race standard. This involves marking the route, sprints etc. and cleaning up afterwards as part of the team.
- Guards - ensure that no-one trespasses on the track at a given location during the race.
- Arena start and finish - helping to rig the arena at the start/finish locations.
- Profiling - rigging up and taking down of event profile material.
For such a big event, there are many tasks to be completed. Some of our volunteers are with us for one day, while others want to be with us throughout the whole event.
All volunteers are insured by Tryg. Volunteers who helps throughout the whole event will receive this year's official volunteer uniform, as well as coverage of their travel expenses under the event, plus room and board.
Do you want to volunteer?